Requested by: Dr. Eliz Albritton-McDonald & Amy Deeds
Total Cost: $25,055.34 Installed: March 2015
The YEAR OF THE BABY project consisted of 5 pieces of equipment: a non-invasive bilirubin meter, two bilirubin blankets and two fetal monitor.
The Dräger Jaundice Meter JM-103 is a hand-held transcutaneous bilirubin (TcB) meter that offers a gentle, pain-free alternative to traditional jaundice screening. There’s no blood draw, removing a major stress from fragile babies and their parents. There will be no more delays waiting for laboratory results. When used with other clinical signs, it is just reliable information for expert decision-making. The Dräger Jaundice Meter JM-103 is a solution specifically designed to efficiently overcome the challenges faced when managing jaundice. It allows the user to complete this vital task in the fewest possible steps to free up more time for infant care. Its ergonomic, compact design promotes ease of use, while long battery life enables more to be done between charges.
GE BiliSoft LED Phototherapy Systems w/Disposable Pads & Carry Case
Corometrics 170 Series Fetal Monitor
This fetal monitor is designed to be a compact, lightweight monitor to help effectively and efficiently care for mom and baby by accurately and noninvasively tracking baby’s heart rate for non-stress tests. The 170 series is used with our Nautilus* watertight and lightweight Toco and 9-crystal Ultrasound transducers for comfortable and reliable monitoring. Use of this monitor can measure labor contractions and provide reliable information about the stage of delivery the mother is at. It’s primary benefits include:
- Alerts to fetal heart rate concerns
- The fetal heart rate alarm provides both audible and visual alerts if the heart rate is higher or lower than the range you set as normal.
- Helps place the transducer
- Independent volume controls make it easier to locate the transducer for most effective monitoring.
- Can monitor multiple heart rates
- There is an option to monitor twins.
- Displays important information prominently
- The large, easy-to-read LCD display clearly presents information about fetal heart rate and uterine activity.
- Offers portability
- An optional mobile roll stand cart lets you transport the monitor and all of its necessary accessories.
RN Megan Makelky, RHF Executive Director Jeanne Brown, and Dr. Albritton-MacDonald posing with the complete Year of the Baby toolkit.